Dunkeld, Inside Eastwood House

 

The first record of Eastwood House dates back to 1831 when it was occupied by a Miss Ogg who was ex-governess to the children of the 4th Duke & Duchess of Atholl who owned the Eastwood Estate.

The house then was a modest two bedroom, two storey villa but in 1851 Lord James Murray, the brother of the 6th Duke of Atholl, moved into Eastwood and gradually over a number of years extended and developed both the house and gardens until his death in 1874.

Today, the house owns 9 public rooms, 9 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms!

For further information: website